Re: [squid-users] Caching Expired Objects - One Small Step Forward

From: Manoj_Rajkarnikar <manoj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 23:32:55 +0545 (NPT)

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007, Solomon Asare wrote:

> Hi All,
> the long skelatel howto:
>
> 8. COMMENTS
> This is only one of many ways that this goal can be
> achieved and certailnly not the best being a non-guru,
> although a determined linux user. I guess the features
> I couldn't find in squid2.6-stable that made me add
> apache may be included in later stable releases to
> make this irrelevant.
>
> Unfortunately, I did not keep any logs whilst doing
> this so I amy have skipped a few steps. If I have, it
> will show sooner or later. I have tried to put
> together as much of the info that I think someone
> might need. The squid mailing list proved very
> helpful, and I am very grateful. There are many on the
> list prepared to help, although you may come accross a
> few who will repeatedly tell you how easy it is to do
> what you want to do without sharing how. Don't dispare
> if you bump into them.

Great job solomon. Many of us have been trying to achieve similar with
youtube and google vids. this will help a great deal. how big of a
cachedir do you keep for youtube vids. should be quite a big to be able to
cache the vids in large enough quantity to get a decent hit. I'm gonna try
to achieve what you've describe here for my next project.

Thanks for the job well done.

Manoj