[squid-users] controlling the rate of auto-refresh websites

From: Rolf Loudon <rolf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 15:57:57 +1100

hello

As best as I can explain it, many sites, typically newspaper or
media outlets auto refresh after a certain time. I presume that the
code

particular site is the entry that causes it to happen.

This means that users who leave this site open in their browsers will
have it reload its content whether or not they are viewing it (the
browser is minimised, hidden or docked etc)

Is there a way using directives to overrule the refresh rate?

So for a given ACL the logic might be that a refresh from the browser
is denied if it is less than x minutes since the last refresh?

Or is there are different logic or directive available to achieve the
equivalent result?

thanks

rolf.

This message may contain confidential information which is intended only for the individual named.
If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email.
Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system.
Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.
 in the contents of this message which arise as a result of email transmission.
If verification is required please request a hard copy version.