[squid-users] Time ACL's odd behaviour.

From: Sherwood Botsford <sbotsford@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:58:57 -0600

I'm currently using 2.5 stable 12.

I've found two oddities with time ACL's.

Oddity #1. I seem unable to load these from a file.
If I put them inline, I have no problem. So at present I have:
acl time.class time MTWF 8:30-12:40
acl time.class time H 8:30-12:50
acl time.class time MTW 13:20-15:00
acl time.class time H 13:30-15:10
acl time.class time MTWH 19:30-21:20
acl time.class time F 13:20-14:10

acl time.weekend time F 16:00-24:00
acl time.weekend time A
acl time.weekend time S 00:00-21:00

Now to put it to work. Certain sites are a real distraction
during class time, but I want the kids to have access during free
time.

acl no.classtime.access dstdomain \
"/etc/squid/domains_noclasstime_access"

http_access deny time.class lab no.classtime.access

This works, or rather it did until this morning.
This morning the kids could access nexopia without a problem.

Odd. So to check, I blocked access to myself, and made a mistake
in the config. Squid terminated. When I restarted squid,
the time acls worked.

So:
        Is this a total odd ball? Is this a known problem that is fixed
in 2.6?

        Bottom line: Should I upgrade to the latest stable version of
2.6 or go whole hog and do 3.0 RC1?