Re: [squid-users] strange problem with proxy port

From: Sven Frommholz - Konexxo GmbH <sven.frommholz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 23:33:45 +0200

Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Sounds like a firewall problem. The fact squid isn't logging a
> connection attempt makes it probable.
> What error message are the clients showing when they drop the
> connection?
>

> Amos

Windows Firewall is completely turned off on all clients. The problem occurs
on clients within the winodws domain and also on external clients, so it
can't be some sort of group policy. Regarding the error messages I can only
translate, since there are only german clients here. Firefox and IE will stop
immediately after submitting the request. FF shows "connection reset" (not a
squid message, but some firefaox internal). IE shows the IE standard message
"Website cannot be displayed".

Sven