Re: [squid-users] Why does squid 2.6 stable 16 running in accelerator mode NEVER caches html requests ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 01:03:52 +0200

This response is just about your configuration, not the cache problem.
Nothing to add on the cache problem.

On ons, 2007-10-10 at 09:26 -0700, Raemaekers Mark wrote:

> What is wrong in my configuration that the accelerator
> does not cache the file, but always asks for it ?
>
> #[root]
> #[root]cat squid.conf
> #ACCELERATOR
> ###################
> http_port 80 defaultsite=10.10.10.3
> cache_peer omp.wc.be parent 80 0 no-query originserver

defaultsite should be the official domain name.

cache_peer should probably be using the IP, so you can change the DNS to
point to the reverse proxy when things works..

> acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
> acl port80 port 80
> http_access allow port80
> always_direct allow all

Don't do always_direct in an accelerator. Forwarding is best done via
cache_peer.

Using always_direct like this leaves you vulnerable to being an open
proxy.