Re: [squid-users] Accept-encoding and error_map responses

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 02:11:36 +0200

On fre, 2007-10-12 at 01:28 -0400, Michael Alger wrote:

> The problem I have is that sometimes the "500" response error page is
> completely blank. A capture using Wireshark reveals that squid's
> response says Content-Encoding: gzip, but the content it returns isn't
> compressed.

Right.. the error_map function do not handle such situation very well..
need to filter out more of the headers when switching the response body.
Please file a bug on this issue.

If you want to take a stab at fixing this yourself see
clientCheckErrorMapDone() in src/client_side.c

Should probably zap most entity headers and copy them from the new
response instead.