Re: [squid-users] anonymous proxying sites

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 08:25:45 +0800

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007, Chuck Kollars wrote:

> The list on http://proxy.org is the most complete one
> I know of. If you can figure out a way to
> automatically suck up their entire list _every_day_,
> remove duplicates, and add all those to your banned
> list, you can stop _much_ (but not anywhere near
> _all_) of the illicit activity.

If people would like to see these sorts of features included
in Squid then please let us know. If it can be done free then it
will be; but in reality things like this generally cost money
to implement. Its why companies like Ironport do so well.
You couldn't do what Ironport does with their mail filtering for
free; and ironport are making/have made a web appliance which
will probably do this..

The trouble for Squid at the moment, of course, is non-port-80 traffic..

Adrian