AW: [squid-users] How to FORCE the login pop-up

From: <Markus.Rietzler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 14:24:04 +0200

not quite right.
you can do ntlm basic auth. that means there is a password dialog but the authentication is done against windows AD.

see squid.conf and auth_param

auth_param ntlm program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
auth_param basic program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp

with samba winbind auth you can have ntlm challenge response (the first) and also ntlm via basic auth (the second line).
just comment the first ntlm and there you are...

markus