[squid-users] duplicate queries

From: Konstantin Svist <fry.kun@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 13:26:17 -0700

Hi,

I have squid 2.6.STABLE5-CVS set up in reverse-proxy mode, to ease the
load on my internal servers.
Problem is, sometimes (unreasonably often, IMHO) I see duplicates of the
same query come through within a short amount of time - and if the 2nd
one comes in before the 1st one completes, the 2nd one is also sent to
my servers. I'd love to see it placed in some sort of queue and have
squid return the result of the 1st request (at the same time when 1st
one returns, hopefully)

For example,
1192588459.418 ... http://www.example.com/?q=foobar
1192588459.536 ... http://www.example.com/?q=foobar

Is there any way of working around this problem in squid? If no, how
hard would it be to implement?

Thanks,
Konstantin