[squid-users] Peer timeout value - Reverse proxy

From: Tory M Blue <tmblue@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 15:36:31 -0700

Sorry yet another question.

I am using origin hosts or vhosts for my cache_peers (not talking to
other caches).

What I've found, is that in my test environment, if I take the origin
server or vhost down, Squid attempts to connect to it for x
seconds/tries and declares it dead.
The issue is since the peer knows nothing about ICP, Squid never
realizes it's back up and I have to run -k reconfigure or
reload/restart squid for it to once again start sending queires to the
peer (origin server).

cache_peer 10.40.4.229 parent 80 0 no-digest no-query originserver

10.40.4.229 is a single web server..

The only setting I see is Cache_peer timeout, but that's not the
answer, unless your trying to solve timeout issues related to a quick
reboot or restart of a service.

I would like squid to know that my server (peer) is back up and it
should start once again sending requests for uncached data to it.

Does that make sense and am I just missing something?

Thanks
Tory