Re: [squid-users] tproxy with wccp

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 01:05:39 +1300

pinky you wrote:
> hello
>
> I have problem with tproxy and WCCP , I guess it is
> compatibility issue. (I am using Centos 5 and
> iptables3.8)
>
> If anyone is using tproxy, please tell me the
> following:
> version of :
> tproxy,
> iptables,
> kernel
> squid
>
> and is there any trick when using wccp with tproxy ,
> or it is the same as using it without tproxy.

What little I know of both, makes me think they are in the overkill
category and possibly non-compatible on the same http_port.
  WCCP being a silent? router redirection to a squid machine.
  TProxy being a silent local-machine interception and spoof.

I don;t know enough details of wccp to be certain of this. But;
By the time it get to local machines tproxy the traffic has already been
wccp re-routed from its original track and I would not expect tproxy to
work on it properly. I would expect to see squid spoofing the routers
address as source on outgoing requests instead of the client which
tproxy should spoof.

> one last question
> does tproxy4.1 (the latest version ) works with squid
> 2.6 , or squid support does not come yet

tproxy4+ support has not yet been added to either version of squid.
Henrik points out it should be easy, just nobody has had time or
inclination to look at it yet.

Amos