[squid-users] squid weirdness !!

From: pinky you <pinkheart_7777@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 11:33:30 -0700 (PDT)

hello

I have problem that sometimes Squid download more than
it give , which choke the bandwidth !! while it should
save it .

I read everything relating to that, and did all the
recommendation.

Well the problem comes and goes , sometime it last for
half hour, sometime an hour and maybe more .

After using network sniffering and tcpdump I kinda
know whats happen but I didn't know why.
I found there are few IPs that Squid download from
them in crazy way, without giving anything to the
users (user request the funny ip --> squid download
from that ip --> squid keep downloading like crazy -->
squid download more and choke my BW) .

To solve this I block the ip in iptables and squid
works normally.

I used squid 2.5 in with Linux in bridge mode for more
than three years and never had such a problem , but
now I am using squid 2.6 (Centos5 ) with wccp2 and I
have this problem with more than one server in
different sites.

any suggestion ??

Thanks in advance

Be pink or not to be