[squid-users] Squid in Accelerator mode

From: <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 01:27:23 -0400

Hello

We have configured our squid to be in accelerator mode .
squid listens on port 80 and Apache listen on port 8080.

now was wondering if I can restart apache before restarting
Squid, the reason I am asking this because when ever we restart
apache and then squid, we will have one run away squid process

I mean one additional squid process which its process id is not in pid file.

is there any sequence for reloading squid and apache when
squid is in accelerator mode and apache is its parent.

Thanks