RE: [squid-users] Re: block spyware with squid

From: Thomas Raef <traef06@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 13:56:33 -0500

Sure it's easy when you block by rep_mime_type application/octet-stream

Then you're not blocking by a file extension. I would never think of "blocking" by file extension. Too many ways around it. We've seen programs that will take an executable and convert to either an html file or a php. The aforementioned method blocks these and many other executable methods.

Try it, you'll like it.

Thomas J. Raef
e-Based Security, LLC
www.ebasedsecurity.com
1-866-838-6108
"You're either hardened, or you're hacked!"