Re: [squid-users] Cache dir problem with LVM

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:34:25 -0800

Frenette wrote:
> Ok, the problem was selinux because when I set it to permissive, it worked. I turned if off since I don't need any of selinux protection. There should be in option in fedora to refrain from installing it.
>
> Thanks for the help

Congratulations on getting Squid working, but I have three things to add
to the discussion:

1) There is an option in Fedora to refrain from installing SELinux. The
official FAQ hasn't been updated to version 6 yet*, possibly because the
answer to this question is the same
(http://docs.fedoraproject.org/selinux-faq-fc5/#id2960912). " The
installer follows the choice you make in the Firewall Configuration screen."

2) "restorecon -R /var/spool/squid" while the LVM is mounted will
probably allow Squid to run with SELinux enforcing.

3) Fedora 7 includes a very nice SELinux troubleshooting utility
"setroubleshoot". Read about it at
https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/setroubleshoot/wiki/SETroubleShoot%20Overview

Chris

* And Fedora 8 is only 14 days away!