Re: [squid-users] squid and citrix

From: Keshava M P <keshava.mp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 04:00:47 -0400

Hi,

Though citrix page looks like a simple http page, there is a client
(icaclient) on the desktop machine, which tries to communicate with
the server over port 1494(if I remember right) using ICA protocol.
Hence, to the best of my knowledge, simple proxying with squid woudn't
work. Probably you need to do a port redirect as well using the
configuration file of xinetd. Sorry, I don't know enough details, but
it is something like this:

client requests connection on port 1494->xinetd running on squid
redirects this request to citrix server->citrix server responds ...and
so on.

I also am not sure whether anyone successfully has implemented this.
Wish you good luck.

cheers!

--
M P Keshava