[squid-users] How to setup squid as http proxy server

From: ying lcs <yinglcs@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 22:43:50 -0500

Hi,

I am able to compile and get squid running on my ubuntu machine.

However, when I see my proxy setting in my firefox:
Manual proxy configuration:
HTTP Proxy: 127.0.0.1 Port: 3128

And when when I load 'www.google.com' in my firefox , I get this error page:
The proxy server is refusing connections
Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections.

    * Check the proxy settings to make sure that they are correct.

    * Contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is
          working.

And when I load '127.0.0.1/plain.txt' in my firefox, I get this error message:
ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://127.0.0.1/plain.txt

The following error was encountered:

    * Access Denied.

      Access control configuration prevents your request from being
allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel
this is incorrect.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.

Can you please tell me what am I missing in setting up my squid as the
http server?

Thank you.