Re: [squid-users] Squid-2.6(stable13) surport multi router with wccpv2

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 19:32:35 +0900

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> > Do squid-2.6(stable13) surport multi router with wccpv2 ? To one
> >router ,i test it successfully,now i don't know if surport multi
> >router.

> Yes. Just add multiple wccp2_router lines to your config.
> What I've seen of the code there's also some way of configuring the
> routers to tell squid their details. Adrian is the one to ask on WCCP.

(I'm so not meant to be reading list mail this fortnight..)

The code should work with multiple routers as long as :

* The assignment method is the same (Hash or Mask);
* The redirection/return methods can be different (although note Squid doesn't
  -do- anything with returning traffic to the router; it might work with L2
  redirect but definitely won't work with GRE);
* The router supports multiple routers (notably the 3550 L3 switch speaks WCCPv2
  but doesn't support other routers in the service group.)

Just specify multiple wccp2_router lines and it should work.

Adrian

- $25/pm entry-level bandwidth-capped VPSes available in WA -