Re: [squid-users] Squid as reverse proxy with outlook web access

From: Patrick Tschackert <Killing-Time@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 17:13:49 +0100

Hello,

thanks for your answer.

I sense I'm nearing the answer to my problem, but a few things still confuse me:

>No need to play with host files.
>Replace the acls and cache_peer_access with:
>
> acl OWA dstdomain domain.resolves.to.squidserver
> cache_peer_access owaserver allow OWA
> never_direct allow OWA
>
>defaultsite= on the _port should be domain.resolves.to.squidserver
>name= on cache_peer is just a simple handle to reference the peer by
> and should be unique for best config reading
>
>Amos

at the moment, the squid server is installed on a machine for testing
(let's say office-pc39.local.myCompany.com) and is reachable through our company router at port 61600.
In my squid.conf file, should I use the internal network name (office-pc39.local.myCompany.com) in the "defaultsite" parameter of the https_port line?
Or should I use squidserver's name on the internet, which is reachable by port forwarding? (ssl.myCompany.com)

The question's the same for the
> domain.resolves.to.squidserver
parameter.

I'd be very happy if you could elaborate on your instructions a bit.

Sorry for being such a pain,

-Patrick