[squid-users] How to install Intermediate CA cert in squid

From: Srinivas B <b.srinivas231@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:49:27 -0700

Hi All,

Recently I have purchased Verisign cert for squid to proxy https://

While buying, squid wasn't there in their webserver list, I have
chosen apache (recommended by default).

They have issued

The VeriSign Class 3 Secure Server CA as an intermediate certificate;
it is signed by the Verisign "Class 3 Public Primary Certification
Authority" root.

I have installed the certificate in squid, its working fine when I
include intermediate certificate in my root CA list of browser. But I
can't tell my customer to include cert in their browsers.

There is a procedure for apache to install this intermediate
certificate( to ensure the client that they dont get warning message),
but I dont know where to include this cert in squid.

Any idea?? your suggestions very much appreciated.

Thanks
Srini