Re: [squid-users] transparent Proxy

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 23:54:24 +1300

Thomas Raef wrote:
> You need to apply your acls with some deny statements.
>
> http_reply_access deny blockfiles for your mp3's, etc.
>
> To block websites I use dstdomain instead of url_regex.
>
> So my squid.conf contains:
>
> acl blocksites dstdomain "/etc/squid/squid-block.acl"
>
> http_access deny blocksites
>

> One other suggestion would be to block by filetype and not just file
> extension.
>
> Thomas J. Raef
> e-Based Security, LLC
> www.ebasedsecurity.com
> 1-866-838-6108
> "You're either hardened, or you're hacked!"

That should be:

acl blocksites dstdomain "/etc/squid/squid-block.acl"

>> "quid-block.acl"
>> .meebo.coms
>> .sex.com

>> acl blockfiles urlpath_regex "/etc/squid/multimedia.files.acl"
>>
>> "multimedia.files.acl"
>> \.[Aa][Vv][Ii]$
>> \.[Mm][Pp][Gg]$
>> \.[Mm][Pp][Ee][Gg]$
>> \.[Mm][Pp]3$

you can also simplify your regex a LOT, by adding -i to the acl and
making it case insensitive.

acl blockfiles urlpath_regex -i "..."

http_access is the best to use with this, it catches things on the way
out before using up any bandwidth.

http_access deny blocksites
http_access deny blockfiles

as Thomas Raef said earlier there is also the rep_mime_type acl for
catching anything incoming that uses other file extensions (scripts etc)

Amos