Re: [squid-users] spontaneous machine reboots

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 23:13:55 +0900

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007, rihad wrote:
> Machine running Squid 2.6 with kqueue+aufs on FreeBSD 6.2 reboots
> spontaneously every 2-3 days. We've practically ruled out hardware
> problems by replacing the box and having the same problems.
>
> Squid port build options: everything off, except aufs and kqueue.
>
> Some squid.conf lines:
> cache_mem 300 MB
> cache_replacement_policy heap LFUDA
> cache_dir aufs /cache 50000 128 256
> cache_dir aufs /cache2 50000 128 256

Then its probably operating system crashes.
I suggest reading the FreeBSD handbook entry on configuring kernel core dumping.
Configure your system to dump core to disk on a panic (which I'm assuming is
happening and then the box spontaneously reboots before you notice?) and then
read the FreeBSD handbook entry on looking at kernel core dumps. :)

Adrian

- $25/pm entry-level bandwidth-capped VPSes available in WA -