RE: [squid-users] Domain & URL blacklists

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 11:08:40 +1300 (NZDT)

> Just squid, it's running on a Windows box and I don't have the time
> currently to figure out how to run cygwin and squidguard together, so
> I'm looking simply to hook the most useful lists direct into squid and
> see how much it harms performance.
>

> Paul Cocker
> IT Systems Administrator

Squid can handle these by itself. With a regular "squid -k reconfigure"
after updating the files.

For the list of pure hostnames a "dstdomain" acl is the best.
For the list of URI snippets a "urlpath_regex" acl probably with "-i" is
needed.

If the domain/ip file is an pruned version of the domains with URI
entries, then the URI may not be useful as its all caught by the domain.
If they are different then yes both have a use.

Amos