Re: [squid-users] First Time squid Config Problem

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 00:54:08 +1300

Robin-Vossen wrote:
> Thanks all.
> Its working now =)
>
> I think I am going to buy that o'reily book about Squid.
> I only get some warnings now, all about netmasks. So well.
> I think after some Googling that will be fixed aswell.

Yep, lookup "CIDR netmask" in google. The masks are not quite fitting
the IPA they are supposed to match. Not a huge problem usually, but can
be annoying with small unexpected permit/denies for newbies.

> Anyhow, thanks again.
> I love Squid ^^ oh, and what can be replaced with http_access?
> Can that also be something else?

Each type of protocol squid can send/receive has its own *_access
options, and some have two (ie http_access, http_reply_access) for each
direction of the protocol.

They are all listed in http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.6/cfgman/

Amos