RE: [squid-users] Bandwidth savings?

From: Nick Duda <nduda@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 13:24:06 -0400

Funny you bring that up....because we did that unintensional some time
back...

Basically, we have 4 T1's in a brach office, bonded as a multilink
(6mb). Based on this one office bandwidth going out is on average 4.5mb
used with Squid in place. One day we had to make some changes and
stopped serving from the cache...we flatlined at 6mb and the office came
to a scretching halt.

It was at that point I said, hey I can tell you that the proxy is saving
you at a min. 1.5mb of bandwidth LOL. I then went with the cacti
templates and I get on average 4-5mb saved, some days up to 8mb!

The other reader recommended Calamaris which has some nice
reporting....installing now.