Re: [squid-users] carp doc bug : parse_peer: token='carp-load-factor=0.5' SQUID2.6 >= 2.6.14

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 00:02:23 +1300

Sylvain Viart wrote:
> Hi,

> Yes you're right, my documentation is out of date. was a 2.6 previous
> than the
> I was using the debian packaged squid.conf embedded documentation. But
> the trick is that I've switched from stable to testing debian's version
> of squid 2.6. debian's stable version is 2.6.5.
>
> That's why I was confused.
>
> I can also found this deprecated documentation :
> http://www.visolve.com/squid/squid26/neighboursel.php#cache_peer
>
> Should this doc be also up to date?

Possibly, visolve provide the most up-to-date of all the third-party
documentation. I last saw a release announcement from them a few months
ago. It's possible the update was done since their release.
You an drop them a note on it if you like.

The cfgman is updated daily from the live sources. Everything else
propagates out from there.

> And the package itself hold the good documentation version.
>
> Thanks for the precision.
> Hope that post will help someone else too. :-)

Welcome.

Amos