Re: [squid-users] TCP_MISS/100

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 10:37:25 -0900

Nadeem Semaan wrote:
> I have a program trying to connect over the internet and it keeps failing, after veiwing the log files I found the following "TCP_MISS/100 156 POST http://www."
> I have tried the never_direct and the always_direct statements but they do not help :S is there something else that might help me? I've looked for this error and havnt found anything useful yet.

Squid is currently a HTTP/1.0 client (even if your browser sends
HTTP/1.1 requests), and a compliant server MUST NOT send a 100
(Continue) response if such a request comes from an HTTP/1.0 (or
earlier) client. It's a broken server. See page 48 of RFC 2616 for
reference.

Not much you can do other than completely bypassing Squid for this
request (always_direct and never_direct only affect whether Squid will
use a parent proxy, not what your browser does with the request).

Chris