Re: [squid-users] Squid not responding

From: Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 20:05:04 +0545

Hi Stephane,

stephane lepain wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Squid did not respond when I restarted my PC. I don't have any error message
> in /etc/squid/squid.out. It seems that squid is not even registering. Since I
> don't have an error message, I can't sort this out. I also tried a restart,
> stop and start but nothing would do. /etc/rc.d/init.d/ and then ./squid
> restart.
> Anyone has any thought on this?

Which OS and Squid version are you running? What do you have for the
following directive in your squid.conf:

cache_log

If you had tried to restart Squid from /etc/rc.d/init.d and if Squid
failed to load, then Squid will report errors in cache.log unless you
have configured Squid not to generate a cache.log file!

By the way, just in case, check your hard drive disk space usage.

If nothing helps, check where the Squid binary is located from your
startup script in /etc/rc.d/init.d/squid.

Go to the directory where the Squid binary is residing and run:

./squid -NCd1

You will see the errors why your Squid is not starting or not responding
in the 1st place.

Thanking you ...

--
With best regards and good wishes,