Re: [squid-users] Squid Performance (with Polygraph)

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 07:13:23 +0900

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007, Dave Raven wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
>
> It works for the full 4 hours with a null cache directory. How would
> I see any kind of stats/information on disk IO? From the stats I can see so
> far, the disk stats don't change at all when it fails ...

That'd be because you're probably maxing the disk system out early on and
what you're seeing is a slowly-growing disk service queue?

> I'm currently using COSS, but I've also tried this with ufs and diskd (with
> the same results, just different times that it fails after).

COSS should handle small object loads better but some have reported little
benefit beyond a pair of COSS disks.

Try graphing the aggregate disk and per-disk transactions/second; I bet
you'll find it plateau'ing relatively quickly early on.

Adrian