[squid-users] Had this problem before, but old fixes not working

From: murrah boswell <otrcomm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 19:09:57 -0700

Hello,

I had this same problem back in 2004, but I lost the server where the squid.conf file was and do not remember how to recreate the
functionality.

I am using squid-2.6.STABLE15.

I am trying to resetup a squid system that uses wget to 'feed' data into the cache, but does not allow other users in the system
access to the Internet. 'wget' can get to the Internet, but other users can not.

What I had working before allowed a user called 'wget' access to the Internet by using the setup defined below:

acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl wget_prog proxy_auth wget

http_access allow password
http_access deny all

miss_access allow wget_prog
miss_access deny all

offline_mode on

Now, user 'wget ' gets authenticated and can access the Internet fine and I see the hits being stored in the cache, however, any
other user gets authenticated, but receives a Forwarding Denied error immediately after logon and when I try to go to any site that
I know is stored in cache. Anybody know what settings I might have overlooked here?

Thanks,

Murrah Boswell