Re: [squid-users] Invalid Response

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 01:49:03 +0100

On fre, 2007-11-09 at 16:25 +0100, apmailist@free.fr wrote:

> I encounter An "invalid Response" on a particular site.

What is said in cache.log?

> Two tcpdumps, one from the squid server, another one from another internet
> access point, show strange characters just between the headers and the html
> stanza. See the "5ea" , then the "1" , and the "0".

The interesting dump is the one between Squid and the requested server.
Not interesting in seeing a dump of a direct request not using Squid.

As already said those numbers is chunked encoding. Nothing to worry
about, only seen because you bypassed Squid in this request.

Any yes, Squid-2.6 do handle being thrown chunked encoding even if specs
do not allow servers to respond with chunked encoding. But some release
was a little buggy and still barfed.. don't remember exact but it was
quite a while ago (a year or so..).

And yes, Squid do downgrade HTTP/1.1 requests to HTTP/1.0 as it's not
yet HTTP/1.1 compliant.