[squid-users] Squid and WCCP (ASA)

From: Jason Gauthier <jgauthier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 09:34:01 -0500

All,

  I asked some generic questions earlier in the week and got some great
documentation. This has led me to a working WCCP/Squid implementation.
I thank you.

However, I still have problems. Firstly, please understand that I am
using WCCP on a Cisco ASA. (Firewall, not the same IOS as a router).

I have multiple interfaces on this ASA that I want to make work. (4, to
be exact).
I've set squid to register with WCCP on the inside interface.
Once I redirect traffic from the inside, it works.
I have a wireless interface, where my "guests" go. This interface also
works when I add it.
I have two other interfaces. One for my VPN users, and the other for
authenticated wireless users.
NEITHER of these interfaces work, and I cannot figure out why. Cisco
has claimed that:

"As the previous engineer quoted from the ASA config guide: "WCCP
redirect is supported only on the ingress of an interface. The only
topology that the security appliance supports is when client and cache
engine are behind the same interface of the security appliance and the
cache engine can directly communicate with the client without going
through the security appliance.""

They are using this as an excuse to tell me that what I want to do is
not possible. However, I've explained that I am doing exactly this with
two interfaces right now. I haven't heard back from them quite yet. I
also think they are using the words in this text to their advantage.

Can anyone lend any help or information, if they've ever done anything
similar?

Thanks!