RE: [squid-users] Squid Performance (with Polygraph)

From: Dave Raven <dave@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 08:24:29 +0200

I've been testing quite a few combination so for this I had hyperthreading
disabled in the BIOS, and SMP enabled on BSD - so 2 processors. If I enable
hyperthreading its 4.

I understand that squid would favour only one processor, yet with SMP on it
lasts 3x longer. My guess would be that's its because the diskd processes
are able to use more than one processor? Except their cpu usage never goes
over ~3%...

Thanks
Dave