Re: [squid-users] Time out issues when receiving queries from a database..

From: André Jee <ajee@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 11:59:32 +0100

Adrian,

We haven't defined 'cache_peer' so the line is already killed.

I found out why IE/FF doesn't show an error. The web application (ajax)
is apparently
not sending any error messages (One of our developer told me that).

AFAIK, dansguardian is only an ACL which rules what clients are able to
access.
I took a quick look in the dansguardian.conf but I did not find anything
interesting.

The problem which I'm experiencing is that the thread (that is i open
for the session) is cut off after a certain
amount of time. I don't have a problem with accessing the site, neither
have I problems with queries that takes less
than 60 seconds.

I've used this site as reference for configuring timeouts.

http://www.visolve.com/squid/squid30/timeout.php#read_timeout

I've changed the following lines:

connect_timeout 180 seconds
persistent_request_timeout 3 minutes