Re: [squid-users] Can't cache dynamic image file..

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 21:48:48 +0100

On ons, 2007-11-21 at 13:36 +0900, Seonkyu Park wrote:
> Hello Squid users.
>
> I am using squid for server accelerator.
>
> But my squid server can't cache dynamic image.
>
> My origin server use not local disk.
>
> That use network file system and send image file using ASP function. ( response.write 'filename' )

If you use ASP then remember to add proper cache-control headers to the
response. By default ASP makes responses uncachable.

Recommended reading: Caching Tutorial for Web Authors and Webmasters
<url:http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/>

If you insist on it you can also locally work around using
refresh_pattern in squid.conf, but fixing the web server application is
much preferred.