Re: [squid-users] External Helper - %{Hdr:member} ?

From: Louis Gonzales <gonzales@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 20:13:15 -0500

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On ons, 2007-11-21 at 00:07 -0500, Louis Gonzales wrote:
>

>> Where I seem to be failing is, attempting to send any other HTTP host
>> header information, just is not working for me.
>>
>> For example if I try:
>> %{Referer} I'm getting a "-" which means nothing was passed.
>>

> Works for me.

When I enable the referer logging, and specify a file, such as to
/tmp/referer.log I get correct info:
1195669985.288 70.88.107.106
http://guitar.about.com/library/weekly/aa030800d.htm http://up.about.com/?
1195692061.607 70.88.107.106
http://mx1.linuxlouis.net/get/www.yahoo.com/
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/ww/sp/airplane.gif
1195692064.064 70.88.107.106
http://mx1.linuxlouis.net/get/www.yahoo.com/ http://www.yahoo.com/p.gif?
1195692064.230 70.88.107.106 http://www.google.com/
http://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/images/logo.gif

But not when passing %{Referer} via external helper. I'll try
%{Referrer} too and let you know what I see. Any reasons 'why' it
wouldn't be working? Is it a special feature that needs to be compiled in?
>> I've also tried:
>> %{Referer:absoluteURI} - where I'm treating "Referer" as "Hdr" and
>> "absoluteURI" as "member"

Per the RFC for HTTP headers, Referer has both 'absoluteURI' and
'relativeURI', do you have an example of 'any' of the %{Hdr:member} HTTP
headers, for syntactical reference?

> Referer only has a single member, the URI.
>
> The member syntax is used for list headers to extract a single member
> element in the list of values. For example a single cookie.
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Thanks for your help Henrik!

Best Regards,