Re: [squid-users] load balancing traffic through squid on systems with 2 Internet connections

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 08:19:49 +0100

On 21.11.07 21:46, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> But not something I would recommend. Many sites dislikes clients coming
> from more than one IP during the same session. The client IP is often
> embedded in session cookies etc, making the session fail if the IP
> changes.

We have squid servers behind L3 switch (balancer) which uses the
'sourcehash' technique for balancing requests because of this reason. Maybe
such functionality could be integrated into squid. Or into packetfilter :)

There's a long-standing bug relating to the x86 architecture that
allows you to install Windows.   -- Matthew D. Fuller