Re: [squid-users] looking for testers: google maps/earth/youtube caching

From: Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 14:12:06 +0545

Hi Adrian,

Adrian Chadd wrote:
> I don't know if people understood my last email about the StoreUrlRewrite
> changes I've made to squid-2.HEAD, so I'll just be really clear this time
> around.

http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200711/0490.html

I read it and I think I understand your email. At least I understand
it's mission which is to make non-cachable stuff get cached!

> I've implemented some changes to Squid-2.HEAD which will allow certain stuff
> to be cached which couldn't be in the past. The first two things I'm going
> to try and concrete the support for is google maps/earth (web only) and Youtube.
>
> So, I'm looking for testers who are willing to run squid-2.HEAD snapshots
> and work with me to evaluate and fine-tune my squid extensions to support
> this.

> Who is interested? Come on, after the amount of "How do you cache youtube?"
> questions from the mailing lists and search results hitting the squidproxy
> blog over the last few months -some- of you have to be interested.

> I'm saying right now that I'm willing to spend the time and effort to work
> with people for free to get this stuff tested and debugged. It doesn't benefit
> me - I'm not getting paid -at all- to do this.

I am interested. Let me study it in more detail. For the time being, if
I need help, you will be there, won't you?

Thanking you...

--
With best regards and good wishes,
Yours sincerely,