Re: [squid-users] video.nationalgeographic.com

From: <dhottinger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 14:16:10 -0500

Quoting Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>:

> Things to try:
>
> * Try the exact same thing with a current supported Squid version built
> without Smartfilter. If that fails file a bug report.
>
> * Try the exact same thing with 2.5.STABLE14 built without smartfilter.
> If that fails then upgrade to 2.6, or try to figure out which of all the
> several hundreds of changes is the important one and backport that to
> your required Squid version.
>
> * Talk to the Smartfilter support about the problem.
>
> Regards
> Henrik
I figured this out. Wasnt a squid/proxy issue at all. Before the
video loads, a connection to burstnet.com is made. I have burstnet
blocked. national geographic has the connection made to a burstnet
site then the video loads. I determined this by connecting to the
video site on a linux machine from my dmz. Im not quite sure why
burstnet was classified as spyware though. Does anyone have any info
on them? I know they are a huge advertising company, and do web ads.

--
Dwayne Hottinger
Network Administrator