[squid-users] wbinfo_group.pl - This ever happen to anyone?

From: Terry Dobbs <tdobbs@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 13:37:30 -0500

Ok, so I have wbinfo_group.pl working nicely on our local squid box, it
blocks users belonging to a particular group.

However, I have done the exact same thing on a remote box in the USA and
it doesn't want to work. When I run wbinfo -r username I get no results,
I used to get "could not get groups for user" now I get nothing
returned. I am pretty sure this is what is causing the wbinfo_group.pl
not to work. The logs don't give me much useful information.

On the local box that wbinfo_group.pl is working I get the error "Could
Not convert SID='S-1-5-21-1122444-424242525-5353622-42124- User(1) to
gid" when I do it manually, but I thought nothing of it as it works. The
same thing happens on the box that isn't working as well, but that box
will not even do a wbinfo -r.

I have verified that I do indeed had idmap uid and gids mapped in
smb.conf. I have used the local Domain Controller at the remote site to
authenticate thinking it may be timing out or something (is there a
timeout?) I have goggled like crazy, I know this is a SMB issue but im
wondering if anyone has ever had a similar issue in their squid setup.

I would be VERY grateful if anyone has any kind of insight.