Re: [squid-users] looking for testers: google maps/earth/youtubecaching

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 12:14:00 +0900

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007, Dave wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just setup a testing environment too.
>
> I now get SWAPOUTS for google earth via the webpage (maps.google.com)
> but not so for the client software for google earth.

You won't get that. I haven't yet sat down and looked into how the client
shuffles data around.

> I think this is something to do with the rewrite program though.
>
> I am not sure what the relevance of the space at the end is, but see the
> output below.

The space is because the helper receives a number of arguments on the command
line with the URL being the first one. The space delineates the end of the
first argument (ie, the URL) and the beginning of the second. Squid will
(should!) encode spaces in the URL so they're all %20's - the spaces will
only appear as argument delineators.

> # echo "http://kh.google.com/flatfile?q2-0122013223232230-q.153" |
> ./rewrite
> http://kh.google.com/flatfile?q2-0122013223232230-q.153
>
> # echo "http://kh.google.com/flatfile?q2-0122013223232230-q.153 " |
> ./rewrite
> http://keyhole-srv.google.com.SQUIDINTERNAL/flatfile?q2-0122013223232230-q.153

Yup, thats right. Just don't expect the flatfile contents to be cached
just for now.

> Secondly,
>
> When I get a swapout and then use wget to change the host name I get a
> miss the next time round and the following lines in my cache.log.
>
> 2007/11/29 10:45:48| storeClientReadHeader: URL mismatch
> 2007/11/29 10:45:48|
> {http://mt3.google.com/mt?n=404&v=w2.63&x=15071&y=9828&zoom=3} !=
> {http://mt2.google.com/mt?n=404&v=w2.63&x=15071&y=9828&zoom=3}

Hm, I thought I fixed these. How annoying. It might be that you've got some
of those tiles in your cache already under their original URL with no store
URL and its confusing things. I'll eyeball the code some more and try to
make it more resilient (and fix the crash another poster is seeing - oops!)

Adrian