[squid-users] Client Error Cannot Connect

From: Steve Billig <unknownboogyman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 08:05:02 -0500

Well I did do a search, but I couldn't figure out what the problem I am
having could be to actually be solved. I have been seeking help from

Fedoraforum.org <http://fedoraforum.org/>, with a thread link here:
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=173935. I will give a basic
run-down. So far I had troubles with installing squid, the guy on that forum
had helped me, told me to go to the squidwiki at
http://www.deckle.co.za/squid-users-guide/Squid_Configuration_Basics. Well
not all commands here worked, for example "cache1:~ #
/usr/local/squid/sbin/squid -N -d 1 -D". I got through most of it and I got
to the point where I use squidclient http://google/ -p (port) and obviously
I am getting the error message "client: ERROR: Cannot connect to localhost:
PORT: Connection refused". But so far nothing. If you need my
squid.confjust tell me but the port I set above 1024 I think it was. I
also put the
cache usernames and all to squid as said in the squidwiki.

Thanks a lot.