[squid-users] Future of ESI

From: Janne Kario <janne.kario@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 22:48:54 +0200

Hi,

I've understood that the ESI support in squid is still experimental.
What is the status of ESI in general? Akamai, Oracle Web Cache and IBM
WebSphere seem to support it. However, articles on ESI date back to
2001-2004 and JESI (Java ESI tag library) still lacks a reference
implementation. Additionally, there is very little information about ESI
outside Akamai/IBM/Oracle websites. These small signs have lead me to
believe that nobody cares and it's not that great a technology in the
first place.

What will become of ESI?

I'm working on a project which is to produce a public website with ads
and some personalized content blocks (on the front page). I'm evaluating
whether ESI might be the silver bullet.