Re: [squid-users] Squid Child Cache, X-Forward

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 00:16:44 +1300

Jason Gauthier wrote:
> All,
>
> Sorry for the seemingly weak question. I'm using squid as a parent
> right now, and receiving x-forward information.
> I want to start using squid as a child as well... but I cannot see how
> to 'send' the x-forward information.

Squid by default adds the X-Forwarded-For: etc headers as appropriate on
all traffic going through it whether as a parent or child proxy.
ALL you have to do is make sure you are not stripping any of those
headers in your config.

What you _might_ see are two levels of forwarded-for as squid A and
squid B each add theirs.
These should be sequential ie. A forwarded-for C ... B forwarded-for A
... a good server detects proxy B forwarding for C.

Amos