Re: [squid-users] read_timeout and "fwdServerClosed: re-forwarding"

From: Chris Hostetter <hossman_squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 11:50:00 -0800 (PST)

: > So it kind of seems like i'm out of luck right? my only option being to
: > try 2.HEAD which *may* have the behavior i'm describing.
:
: Its part and parcel with free software. We can be paid to test it in a lab
: and give you a certain answer if you'd like. :)

Oh, believe me -- I know the score ... It seems like I chant the mantra of
"patches welcome! :)" at least once a week over on the apache lists ... i
just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing anything obvious about how to
achieve this sort of thing with the current STABLE releases.

I'll try to find some time to test out the HEAD and report back my
findings (although being out sick for a week and a half has put me pretty
far behind on some other work, so i'm not sure if i'll ever get to that)

but i'll also open a bug to track that 10 retries is hardcoded in the
event of read_timeout. (even if it never gets changed, at least it will
be be out there for other people to find it)

Thanks for all your help everybody.

-Hoss