RE: [squid-users] Transparent WCCP/GRE HTTPS issue

From: Jason Gauthier <jgauthier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 09:34:23 -0500

Help me understand the logic (I know you don't have a set up like this
in practice)

I create a GRE tunnel from linux->ASA.
I then use iptables to grab everything that hits that GRE tunnel to send
it the squid proxy.

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i wccp -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT
--to-destination 192.168.79.2:3129

If I have multiple instances of squid, should I have one GRE tunnel per
instance? Otherwise, it will not matter how many instances I have..
they will all be picked up by the one GRE tunnel.