[squid-users] Proxy not working with flash+variables?

From: <no-spam@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 11:36:28 +1100 (EST)

Hey all, I've been struggling with this one and hopefully someone can
help me get a little further with it!

I've setup a very basic squid server, which has some very basic settings:
proxy runs on port 80
upstream proxy with provided authentication (no auth for users)
Allow SSL traffic
10.x.x.x and 2 URL's go direct and not via upstream proxy
everything else upstream.

Everything works sweetly except a few things which of course, get found
when theyre needed most.

1) Flash file not loading correctly:
http://educate.intel.com/workspace/tryit/vrtryit.aspx
This works via ISA server 2004, but not via the squid box. From my
looking into the code it looks like the problem is with hte flash object
and its variables? It looks like the flash loads another page for some
data and thats causing the problems.

2) Logging into some sites:
I havent really looked into this one, but im thinking its prob something
really simple and an answer might be easy :) http://www.geocaching.com/
when trying to login (top right, login) the page just times out.

Both work via ISA 2004 and I really REALLY want to get away from ISA
because its horrible.

Thanks, and hopefully someone can help! :)