Re: [squid-users] Compressing Object

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 21:58:18 +0900

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007, Falk Husemann wrote:

> >Not yet. Transfer Encoding is in the pipeline in future squid releases
> >but like everything its chasing a sponsor for it.
>
> Is there something in the tree yet? I'm running a quite large cache
> here and would like to help get transfer encoding going. Especially
> for our WLAN-Users :-)

There's some preliminary experimental work done with squid-3 but it was
done a while ago and I'm not sure what the timeframe for getting that
to work. I forget where that work is too, I think its somewhere in
devel.squid-cache.org.

Squid-2 isn't "yet right enough" to implement transfer encodings. There needs
to be some improvements to the client-side and server-side codebase to support
transfer encodings. Which may end up happening in time..

Adrian