Re: [squid-users] Issues with Base 10 Decimal Bypassing Squidguard

From: Peter Albrecht <peter.albrecht@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 14:35:40 +0100

Hi,

> Crud. Yea, they are clever. We train them from kindergarden till
> they graduate. 12 years of computer, then we wonder how they are able
> to defeat every filter we put in place. Plus there are 4000+ them and
> only one of us at each school division. Do you know offhand what
> sites work?

I played a little around and it seems that sites who are running real
"physical" webservers (i.e. no virtual hosts in Apache or whatever) are
working. If you connect to virtual hosts and you don't provide the
hostname, it does not work.

If you try http://2362641282/ , which is

http://httpd.apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org
http://140.211.11.130

you get a "Bad request" response.

Regards,

Peter

--
Peter Albrecht, Novell Training Services