Re: [squid-users] Exclude certain IP destination from being filtered

From: Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães <leolistas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 18:53:14 -0200

    Probably this is not squid related ..... but lets go.

    if squid receives a request, it HAS to answer it. So if you want
some requests to NOT reach squid, IE let it pass through, so you'll need
to exclude these requests BEFORE they reach squid.

    Are your browsers manually configured for proxy settings ?? If yes,
you'll have to use the exclude box to exclude the traffic you want.

    Are your browsers reaching squid by some kind of transparent
proxying ?? If yes, you'll have to exclude these requests before
applying the transparent proxying rules.

    Are your browsers getting configured by some kind of wpad scripts ??
If yes, your wpad script will have to exclude these requests ....

    There's nothing you can really do in squid to 'let it pass through'
a request if it already reached squid. If squid receives the request,
it's not possible to 'let it pass through'. So, you'll have to discover
how to bypass these requests and NOT allow them even to reach squid.

--
	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues